Our famous bartenders share their favorite cocktail recipes!
Happy September! Fall makes the perfect time to experience the Sunshine State without all the summer steam. At Treasure Bay Resort & Marina, our heated pool and hot tub ensure the splish- splashing good times continue well in the winter snowbird season.
And what’s better when you’re relaxing under the warm sun than a tropical cocktail to whet your whistle? We know that some of our guests aren’t able to visit us at this time, and we miss you! That’s why we’re bringing you the recipes of our award-winning Sunset Cabana Bar’s most popular cocktail drinks. Grab your mixer ‘cause you’re about to get shaken and stirred!
The Mako Cooler is a cocktail that’s synonymous with the Caribbean. Sipping on this fruity, delicious drink is a sand-in-the-toes moment that will certainly set the tone for a blissful vacation experience on the Gulf Coast.
- 1 oz. coconut rum
- 1 oz. melon liqueur
- 3.0 oz. pineapple juice
- 0.5 oz. dark rum
- Combine all ingredients except for dark rum in a shaker and pour over ice. Add the dark rum as a floater on top.
Treasure Bay Pirate Punch
Bring the islands to your home with a sweet and refreshing tropical cocktail that will definitely give you island oasis vibes. This one is made for sitting on our picturesque sundeck enjoying a sunset overlooking the enchanting Treasure Island beach.
- 1 oz. Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1 oz. coconut rum
- 1 oz. Blue Curacao
- 1 oz. melon liqueur
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- A splash of sour
- Pour over ice, stir gently, and serve.
The Sunset Swirl is perhaps the most perfect frozen cocktail. At our Sunset Cabana bar, it’s a popular one to kick off your incredible Florida vacation on the gorgeous Gulf of Mexico. It’s two blender drinks combined, a Piña Colada and a Strawberry Daiquiri, and it will transport you straight to the beach.
- 1.5 oz. white rum
- 2.0 oz. strawberry daiquiri mix
- 0.5 oz. lime juice
- 1.5 oz. dark rum
- 2 oz. piña colada mix
- 0.5 oz. pineapple juice
- Throw some ice in a blender. Blend the strawberry daiquiri mix with the white rum, lime juice and ice until mixture is slushy. Set mixture aside in a mixing glass.
- Blend the Piña Colada mix with the dark rum, pineapple juice and ice until mixture is slushy.
- Pour both mixtures in one cocktail glass. Do not stir.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge and serve.
Treasure Bay Margarita
Sometimes all the sugary sweetness of tropical drinks becomes overwhelming. Spice things up with the ultimate margarita recipe that’s made with just three easy ingredients and features a hint of subtle smokiness that whispers ahhhh.
- 1.5 oz. of combined Silver Tequila and Mezcal
- 1 oz. Cointreau (or substitute Grand Marnier or Triple Sec)
- 3/4 oz. freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Optional sweetener: agave nectar or simple syrup, to taste
- Lime wedge and coarse salt for rimming the glass
- Salt the glass rim by running a lime wedge around the top rim of your serving glass. Fill a plate with salt, then dip the rim until covered.
- Add tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and a few ice cubes to a cocktail shaker. Shake or stir for about 10 seconds, until combined. Add agave or simple syrup to taste.
Fill a serving glass with ice and pour in the margarita mix. Garnish with a lime slice, serve and enjoy! Feeling adventurous? Make it spicy by muddling a few slices of fresh jalapeño or serrano chiles into the margarita mix. Make it skinny by substituting freshly-squeezed orange juice in place of orange liqueur.
Treasure Bay Rum Runner
This boozy cocktail was invented in the Florida Keys, but we’ve made it our own here on Treasure Island.
1 oz. pineapple juice
1 oz. orange juice
1 oz. dark rum
1 oz. light rum
1 oz. banana liqueur
1 oz. blackberry brandy
.5 oz. 151 rum
Combine all ingredients except for the 151 rum in a shaker and shake to combine. Pour over ice. Top with a floater of 151 rum and serve!
All of these delicious drink ideas have got us positively drooling for a Florida beach getaway! And with all these cocktails at your fingertips, maybe you’ll decide to leave the work to the bartenders and simply kick back and enjoy all the decadent delights Treasure Bay Resort & Marina has to offer. Let’s party!