School is back in session and for many people that means it’s time to return to a “normal” pace of life instead of the leisurely pace of summer. It’s possible you’re worried about losing the last of your tan from days of lying on the beach this summer, but we’ve got good news: there are still plenty of reasons to visit paradise this fall!
- The SHINE St. Pete Mural Festival, happening September 1-10, will feature murals created by 16 international, national, and local artists. The festival is a non-profit art project partnering with local artists and members of the community in an effort to unite the St. Petersburg community. Stroll through the streets of St. Petersburg, just 30 minutes from our hotel, and take in the vibrant colors and diversity represented by the featured artists.
- Would you consider yourself a sushi connoisseur? Then the Tampa Bay Sushi Battle on September 29 is right up your alley! You’ll get the opportunity to taste and judge sushi from some of the best places in Tampa Bay. There will even be sumo wrestling, karaoke, sake tasting, and Taiko drums to round out your cultural experience.
- The Clearwater Super Boat Races are coming and you won’t want to miss them! This is one of the top races in Florida, and the boats race at speeds up to 180 miles per hour on the Gulf of Mexico. The event takes place September 30 through October 2 and will include events that everyone in the family can enjoy, such as parades, food vendors, and live entertainment.
- Dust off those dancing shoes because the Clearwater Jazz Holiday is coming Thursday, October 13 through Sunday, October 16. The event kicks off Thursday evening with music by Commodores and Kool & the Gang. Saturday features Daryl Hall, of Hall & Oates fame, and the evening finishes with a fireworks show. The festivities come to a close Sunday evening with indie favorite The Lone Bellow and Houndmouth. Any lover of music could certainly find something to enjoy at this weekend-long event.
- Nothing says “Fall” quite like Oktoberfest and the Upper Tampa Bay Oktoberfest is certainly no exception. It has all the keg-tossing, log-sawing, stein-holding, and barrel-rolling you could hope for, in addition to a wide selection of beer on tap, music, and dancing. There’s something for everyone in your family, whether that’s food and sweets, participating in competitions, or doing the Chicken Dance in a large crowd of people.
Treasure Bay Resort and Marina would love to be your “home away from home” this fall as you seek relief from the monotony of life that has returned to its normal routine. Pencil one of these events into your calendar and book your stay today at www.treasurebayhotelandmarina.com!
Photo credit: pixabay.com